Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Homemade Cleaning Products - Fabric Softner

Happy Tuesday Blogger Friends - Being a tad bit OCD I tend to cycle through different interests very quickly, some interests stick and some come/go quickly.  Over the last 2 months I have been on a sewing frenzy for small and easy projects, due entirely to my Pinterest obsession.  In my opinion, Pinterest this is the best thing since indoor plumbing and central air conditioning (I like my modern stuff...haha).  To me, Pinterest is photos, links and lots of great information that I can keep organized on-line however it works for me.  Here the link to the Pinterest main page so you can read about it, if you are so inclined. http://pinterest.com/about/

My latest frenzy has been on the Pinterest postings for homemade cleaning products.  I found this via The Frugal Girls blog. They have an excellent blog with lots of homemade cleaning recipes. Check them out: http://thefrugalgirls.com/homemade-cleaners

What You’ll Need: 
  • 6 cups HOT water 
  • 3 cups white vinegar
  • 2 cups Suave Refreshing Waterfall Conditioner (I used "Ocean Breeze" but chose your favorite)
What You’ll Do:
  • Mix conditioner & hot water well, until conditioner is dissolved completely.
  • Add the vinegar, and mix well.
  • Store in a large container (empty fabric softener container, empty large vinegar bottle, etc.; I used a large plastic cereal type container with a pourable lid)
  • Pour into a downy ball (I don't have one of these cool things)… or use approx. 2 tbsp. in the fabric softener spot in your laundry machine… then wash!

Items you need:  hot water, conditioner, vinegar, pourable container, measuring cup

Hot water with conditioner added, stir until dissolved

Finished product with my ugly handmade sign (I'll type up a  pretty recipe for my next post)

Enjoy the blessing of this Tuesday!
Hugs, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!