Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Homemade Cleaning Product - Spot Remover

Happy Friday (or really TGIF!!!) - I had pre-scheduled this to post on Wednesday, 1/18/12 at 7 am but just noticed today that it was still sitting in my "Draft" posts (along with my pre-scheduled Thursday post...boo hoo). 

WTH- Is anyone else having trouble with scheduling posts a few days out?  It definitely didn't work for me.  So you will see my original post below which is now updated with my resulting photos from using this Spot Remover and the result photos.  This stuff is GREAT!  Try it out! 

Hugs,  Me
=======================

Wednesday Blogger Friends - I found this fabulous homemade spot remover recipe on Pinterest at "One Good Thing by Jillee blog" http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2011/11/goodbye-to-yellow-armpit-stains.html

This is super easy to make. 

You will need:  
  • one part Dawn dishwashing liquid (1/2 cup) 
  • two parts HYDROGEN PEROXIDE (2 cups)'
  • container with lid
Pour the ingredients container, affix the lid and shake until mixed.

Then, pour the mixture directly on the stain and watch it disappear.  I have tested I will be testing this out tonight on a nasty pillowcase stain (it is my son's pillowcase so only God knows what the stain is...and I'm not asking.  haha)


Items you need:  hydrogen peroxide, blue (Dawn) dishwashing detergent,
empty container with lid
 
This is my son's (T1) super dirty, super nasty pillowcase.......yuk!!

I poured in enough hot water to cover the pillowcase,
dumped in about 1/2 cup of the spot cleaner and then swished it around a bit.
I let this soak overnight in my bucket and then tossed in the washer with a small amount of regular detergent in the morning.

This is the amazing result from soaking overnight. 
Every stain is gone!! Beautiful!!
(please note this was never a white case but the dirty yellow-sweaty color is now gone...the photo doesn't show that difference) 
 I am telling you, this is awesome stuff (and cheap) so I will be spending the weekend seeing what else I can remove stains from.  Holy cow........I was planning to toss the pillowcase but sure am glad it worked.

Enjoy the blessing of this day!
Hugs, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!