Sunday, January 22, 2012

Homemade Cleaning Product - Oxy Clean

Happy Saturday Blogger Friends - Here is yet another homemade cleaning product that you can make very cheaply.  I found this via Pinterest (I know you are shocked...haha) and you will definitely want to check out the full post at http://www.creativelydomestic.com/2009/06/homemade-oxyclean.html.  Creatively domestic provides us with the actual process to soak for stained items with nice photos.

Homemade OxyClean Ingredients
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
  • 1/2 cup baking soda
Mix together and soak laundry in it for 20 minutes to overnight and then wash as usual. Or you can just skip the water and pour the peroxide and baking soda directly into the wash with your laundry soap and wash as usual.

Here's what you need and my glass jar with a lid (a spagetti sauce jar)
Enjoy the blessing of this day!
Hugs, Erin

2 comments:

  1. This is great! My kids are just getting into cleaning, and finding products that won't half kill them is tough. I am always looking for reasonably safe alternatives. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Socamom - I'm happy that my post was helpful. The homemade cleaning products I've been trying are all working very well and so much cheaper. I know I will continue with these.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!