Wednesday, August 18, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things........

Beautiful Images of the Iowa Sky...

I get the same wonderful feeling every time I see a glorious sunset like this one.  I don't have a fancy camera but you can see the colors as the sun sets and the reflection of that color reflects against the clouds.  Truly Amazing!! 

"As the sun sets, as the bees sting, when I'm feeling sad,

I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad...."
 
 Song sung by:  Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music


Yes, I know I'm goofy but one of the things my Mom, my sister and I did every year was watch "The Sound of Music" on TV.  My mother loved musicals, my sister was taking voice lessons and I was taking piano lessons at the time, so it became a yearly tradition to watch musicals together.  We also watched "The Wizard of Oz", "West Side Story", and many others.  My Dad managed to remain sane by hiding out in the garage or in the family room watching man-shows and ignored us while we watched our favorites...LOL. 

Take some time in August and September to watch the sunset....it is worth the time.


Hugs,  Erin

1 comment:

  1. Ah, gorgeous.

    I love taking pictures of sunsets. They are so peaceful to me.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!