Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Recipe...One Dish Breakfast

When I'm stressed and feeling out of control I cook, bake or clean.  The last two nights I have been cooking new dinner recipes given to me by friends.  This is a breakfast receipe but my clan (and their friends) will always eat breakfast for dinner.  

Here's the recipe with photos following.

One Dish Breakfast

2 cans Crescent Rolls
1 lb. ground sausage, browned and drained of oil (I used mild pork sausage)
1 ½ to 3 cups of shredded hash browns, thawed
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I used mild but sharp would be good too)
Salt and pepper (add to your liking)

1)  Gather ingredients
2)  Brown and drain sausage
3)  Unroll crescent rolls onto large cookie sheet or 9x13 pan. Seal all seams and curl up edges slightly
4)  Spread sausage over rolls
5)  Layer with hash browns (amount of your choice)
6)  Spread beaten eggs over top (evenly as possible)
7)  Layer cheese over top of all
8)  Season to taste with salt and pepper

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.




Gather ingredients.


Brown and drain sausage.



Unroll crescent rolls onto large cookie sheet or 9x13 pan.
Seal all seams and curl up edges slightly.


Spread sausage over rolls


Layer with hash browns (amount of your choice)


Spread beaten eggs over top (evenly as possible)


Layer cheese over top of all
Season to taste with salt and pepper
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (or until cheese is melted to your liking)

The result, a yummy simple breakfast-type pizza.
(You will note that my crust and cheese are bit overdone,
I adjusted the baking time above from the original recipe of 40 mins to 25-30 mins.)
 
 

Cut into squares with a pizza-cutter

NOTE:  This recipe was enough to feed me and three teenage boys. 
You could certainly cut everything in half for a smaller meal.

Hugs,  Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!