Thursday, June 10, 2010

Another New Recipe...Meatball Casserole

Here's another dinner recipe I made two nights ago.  This recipe is super easy (which is good or I wouldn't make it) and very tasty.

This was got a 2 thumbs up from my kids and their friends.  I stole this from Sara over at Sara's Organized Chaos, her blog is awesome and always makes me laugh.  Check her out if you haven't already:  http://strandupdate.blogspot.com/

Meatball Casserole

1 box of pasta (you can use any type, I chose penna noodles)
1 jar spagetti sauce (regular size)
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz or 16 oz)
1 bag of thawed meatballs (I used a bag that had approx 28-32 meatballs)
1 container of ricotta or cottage cheese (I used the large size)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 package shredded mozerella cheese (I used a 12 ounce package)

Cook pasta approximately half the amount of time as package directs.  Drain pasta, stir in meatballs, spagetti sauce and tomato sauce.

Spead pasta mixture into 9x13 pan.  Spread cottage and parmesan cheeses (I mixed these together first) evenly over top of pasta mixture.  Top with mozerella cheese.

Bake for at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Serve with salad and dinner rolls.  Yummy!



This is the ingredients I used but feel free to modify to fit your preferences.

Hugs,  Erin

p.s.  I am including the photo I have for this recipe (ingredients only).  Why you ask?  Because I am scattered this week (and last week if you really want to know).... 
This is the only photo I took because when dinner finally came out of the oven
at 9:30 pm we were hungry so we ate. 
I put the leftovers in containers, cleaned up the kitchen and
never gave photos another thought. 

p.s.s.  Well...... at least I didn't give photos another thought until tonight,
when I started to write this post. 

p.s.s.s.  Next time I make this recipe, I will make an effort to take photos
so I can link back to this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I saw this recipe on her site and wanted to use it! Now I have even more reason to do so with TWO recommendations for it.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved it, too! Which is rare because I'm a picky eater and Olivia is worse than me. But we all ate it and liked it. I'll be posting another recipe I tried this evening...eventually. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!