Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Mixed Media on Canvas - Paint on Waxed Paper


A new mixed media piece done on a 8x10 canvas.  This piece was inspired by yet another online class I'm taking with Junelle Jacobsen. 

Close up of my new piece


Acrylic paint in varying shade were painted on wax paper

Wax paper was then cut into flower petal shapes (and leaves, not shown)


Corrugated paper was cut into vase-type shapes

Vase shapes were adhered with glue; flower petals and leaves adhered with gel medium;
vases painted with blue acrylic paint
 
Close up of a flower - this was stamped with word text, button glued to the middle,
black pen lined the petals and leaves for dimension with white paint pen added for highlight



Final piece - No title yet

Hope everyone had a lovely November (while I was busy with teenagers and chaos)!
Check back for tomorrow.  Hugs,  Erin

2 comments:

  1. WHOA!! That is amazing!!

    I ahve three canvases to do for Christmas presents and I have about a million things I want to do!! This is wonderful though because I have never seen it before!!

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!