Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Art Piece on Canvas- "Pink Lotus"

My New Art Piece on a 12x36 canvas called "Pink Lotus".  This was created as part of the Donna Downey "Canvas Create" workshop, which is a monthly art class for one year.  This was the session for August 2012.

This is the largest piece I've completed to date.  Most of the background was completed with Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint, Gesso and my fingers.   The black is Ink, drawn by hand with the dropper.  Probaby would be better to use a paint brush next time but oh well.

I absolutely love all I learned!



And the final piece!


Hope you are having a great week.  Tomorrow is Friday.........happy day!
Hugs,  Erin

5 comments:

  1. OMG!! I love it Erin!! And how did I miss that you are a Donna Downey fan too? *sigh* Could be because I was absent from Blogger for so long.

    Did you see that my altered paintbrush was on her blog?? I was so happy to see it there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber... I'm a huge fan. I love your paintbrush!! Didn't realize it was yours until I looked again. I finished my paintbrush and just need to mail it in.

      Delete
    2. Well then I cannot wait to see yours either!!! We will have our artwork on the same wall....how freaking cool is that?

      Delete

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!