Friday, September 28, 2012

Mixed Media on Canvas Panel - Art Table

My newest mixed media piece on a 6 x 8 canvas board.
This piece was inspired by my newest art class
"The Art of Wild Abandonment I"
by Junelle Jacobsen and Christy Tomlinson.
Here's the link if you are interested, AWESOME CLASS!!
I'm only at the end of week one with two more weeks to go.

Painted with an acrylic paints on the background. 
Molding paste was colored with acrylic paint and
then placed thru an awesome alphabet template.


The girl, art table, table accessories and books/journals
 were all created with paper pieces cut by hand and then painted. 


A close-up of the table top after the small pieces were painted
and glued down with gel medium.


And a close-up of the girl's skirt, after some pen doodling...


And a close up of the desk top....

This was so much fun.
Happy Friday Friends!!  Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs,  Erin

4 comments:

  1. Oh Erin, this piece is amazing!! My favorite part (and this is weird)...I lvoe those little yellow flowers on the desk. Yeah, I know I am strange.

    PS: I am with you about comments....they make my day too!! SQUEE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this was so much fun creating all the little pieces.

      Delete
  2. I really want to do more mixed media work, I just don't know where to get started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to YouTube, search for Christy Tomlinson....all her pieces are mixed media and will help you get started.

      Delete

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!