Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sketchbook - New Girl 1

On Sunday I had a rare day with no committments
and 3 teenage boys were sleeping soundly. 
So I got quiet creative time to do some sketching.

My initial pencil sketch


Photograph: Mark Weiss/Getty Images

My tool of choice, just a plain #2 pencil



After altering the sketch a few time, I added color
with watercolor crayons...love these!


Photo:  Dick Blick website (where I purchased them)

I use this brand of color crayons as they have brilliant color. 
They are my absolute favorite watercolor tool. 
Save up and spend the extra money to purchase these
or another high end brand.  The cheap ones are disappointing
 and lack the brilliant color I want with watercolor painting.


And then I moved the color around with a waterbrush pen. 
One of the best things since chocolate (in my opinion)!


Photo: Dick Blick website (where I purchased a small and medium size)

I used a Niji Waterbrush pen to move my color around my sketch. 
I like these pend as you fill the blue section of the pen with tap water
and then squeeze to allow water to run out to the brush end. 
You control how much water you use as you move or blend your coloc. 
Truly a fabulous tool and very portable so I can sketch/color on the move.

My mood is so much better when I have time to create.  Sunday was a full day of painting, working in my art journal and sketching/coloring in my sketchbook.

More sketches tomorrow. 
Hugs,  Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!