Monday, August 2, 2010

Toasted Roast Beef Italian Sub on French Bread

Here's another great recipe that is easy, filling and fairly low in cost.

Toasted Roast Beef/Italian Sub on French Bread

Ingredients:

1 - 6 to 10 oz package of Roast Beef
1 - 8 oz package of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 - jar spagetti sauce (or pizza sauce)
1 - large loaf of fresh french bread (or 2 smaller loaves)





We like this brand of Roast Beef too.







This is the package label from the loaf of french bread.




Instructions:

Cut french bread loaf into 3 equal pieces or 4 equal pieces depending on your family.




Slice each of 3 or 4 pieces in half, like a sub sandwich.


Toast for 4 mins under the broiler.






Add spagetti or pizza sauce on both sides of bread







Add roast beef on top of sauce (3-6 slices per sandwich, depending on the thickness of your beef)





Cover both sides of sandwich with shredded mozzarella cheese


Toast for 4 mins under broiler





Let cool 2-3 minutes. Serve with lettuce salad and fresh fruit.






Cost:
Total cost around $8.50 for 3- 6 inch subs. 
     $2.00, mozz. cheese
     $1.50, spag. sauce (you will use half of spag sauce for recipe above)
     $2.50, loaf of french bread
     $2.50 roast beef for approx. 1/2 lb


This recipe is enough to feed 3 adults (or two male teenagers and Mom).
But I make everything in bulk these days since I live with teenagers and always have extra teenagers to feed.

I think this is a pretty good price for 3 sandwiches and I try to buy the ingredients when I can find the cheese and roast beef on sale. 

Hope you try it! Enjoy!

Hugs,  Erin

2 comments:

  1. THIS LOOKS DELICIOUS!!

    I cannot wait to make it, and other than the roast beef, I have all the ingrediants already!!!

    YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS LOOKS DELICIOUS!!

    I cannot wait to make it, and other than the roast beef, I have all the ingrediants already!!!

    YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!