Tuesday, August 17, 2010

House Organization - Junk Drawer Overhaul

Hello all - I'm back with many posts coming your way. 

Nothing like back to school that makes me want to organize...I started with two junk drawers in the kitchen that have become a catch all for everything that doesn't have a specific place.  I started by heading to the Dollar Store for small organizational things. Found a few and then over to JoAnn Fabrics for more. 

So I forgot to take a photo of both drawers before I started pulling stuff out of them but you can see that my kitchen counter is covered with stuff.  Not sure how all that "stuff" managed to fit in those two drawers.

Here is the BEFORE PHOTO........
Can you believe all that suff (minus the baskets and totes) were in these two drawers?

This is just to show you the size of the drawer. 
They are narrow but very long, which is why we can stuff so much JUNK in them.

Here is my FINISHED PHOTO....
Here's the neat and tidy version. 
After this photo was taken I actually used an empty "check" boxes,
 that work great for each person's medication.


Check back tomorrow, I also organized my built-in shelves in my first floor hallway that were storing all sorts of miscellaneous stuff.  Hope this inspires you to find one drawer, surface, shelf, etc. to organize.

Hugs,  Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!