Monday, April 12, 2010

The Beauty of Iowa

I spent the past weekend in lovely Northeast Iowa with the "man" in my life and his parents. 


ps. This is a photo of us after church on Sunday (I'm the short blonde gal, he's the tall dark-haired guy...)  What a beautiful and happy day!

 
The photos below are of his parents homestead (farm), which is beautiful.  Growing up about 1 mile outside of town, I would be considered a "city gal" and farm life is outside of my knowledge base.  Although I grew up with corn/bean fields in the backyard of our quaint cul-de-sac of 20+ houses, we did not have farm animals or farm equipment.

The farm has the typical farm equipment, tractors, barns, storage buildings, fences, 2 ponies, 1 dog, 1 cat and lots of beautiful trees/flowers.  It was a beautiful day to be outside.



These are the two ponies that have been on the farm for many, many years.  They are gentle, but getting on in years so no longer stray from the property even without fencing.  So sweet.



Just one sweet pony wondering why the "City Gal" is fascinated by a pony eating grass and subsequently taking the sweet pony photo.



This was the beautiful landscape with a few daffodils starting to sprout behind the tree in the middle of the photo.  This photo was actually accidental as I was testing the camera, hence the skewed photo, but had to share anyway. 

I look forward to returning to the farm when everything is fully in bloom.

Hugs, Erin

p.s.  AND I got to take 2 "gator" (4 wheeled vehicle) rides around the property which was really cool for the "City Gal"....maybe next time I'll pet the ponies.  This time, just the cat and dog got "City Gal" petting. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Erin, thanks for your comment! Also, thank you for being my newest follower :) I am still pretty new to this whole blogging thing, but I always have lots of DIY projects going on at my house!

    P.S. Can I have the address to My Sweet Prints? I am excited someone was actually talking about me :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erin, it all looks so charming. I would love to live on a farm. You are so lucky to have one to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, so pretty!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in the south and you can't get very far in life without taking a gator around. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I can't wait to go back. So peaceful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen: I sent you an email with sweet prints but here is the link you requested.

    http://mysweetprintsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!