Monday, August 27, 2012

3 New Mixed Media Painting on 8x8 wrapped canvas

Here are three new pieces I finally finished. 
Each started with a layer of gel medium
and then scraps of neutral patterned paper. 
Then the addition of acrylic paint. 
 The flower and circles were done with a new foam stamp
 in two different paint colors.  Then I added ink for additional outline
and finally more acrylic paint for dimension. 

These are much different from my typical pieces
 but it was fun to try something different.

"Serenity"

 "Abstract Circle 1"

"Abstract Circle 2"

I hope you have been enjoying the month of August. 
With the kids starting back to school on August 16th
and then a suprise birthday party for my oldest son on the 18th
and his actual birthday on the 21st.  I have been very busy
but have managed to sneak in a few hours in the late evening
to do some sketching, art journaling and some more new pieces.

These will hopefully go up for sale, in my Etsy Store, very soon.

Happy Monday all!!
More new art coming up tomorrow.
Hugs, Erin

2 comments:

  1. I especially like #1 circle....WOW, really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tam. This is a different style for me but trying things outside my normal for change. Happy to have you stop by.

      Delete

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!