Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Favorite Banana Bread Recipe

This recipe comes from an old cookbook called 
"Six Ingredients or Less" 
that I've had for years.  You can see from my photo below it is pretty simple but I alter it a bit.


Banana Bread Recipe (family favorite)
1 cup butter, softened (I use real butter, not margarine)
2 cups sugar (the real stuff)
2 cups mashed very ripe bananas
4 eggs, well beaten
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon of cinnamon (my addition)
1 tablespoon of vanilla (my preferred addition)
or
1 teaspoon of Almond extract (used on occasion)

Directions:  In a large bowl cream sugar and butter.  Add beaten eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla.  Combine baking soda and flour, then add cinnamon.  Then add to banana mixture, stirring enough to moisten flour mixture. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees, or until knife comes out clean in middle.  


Run butter knife around edges and turn out immediately to cool.  Or just slice while warm and pour yourself a big glass of milk.  

Sit in your happy place and enjoy!


Recipe makes two loaves which usually get eaten the same day I make them.  Hope you try it!
Hugs, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!