Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New Canvas Painting - Untitled - Inspired by Donna Downey Canvas Create series

Donna Downey is very inspirational and I just love her Canvas Create series. 
One class per month for a whole year.  Woo Hoo!

Below is Donna's piece for the May - Canvas Create class


Below are photos of my version for the May Canvas Create class.
I used similar colors and started with a black canvas.
I used black acrylic paint as my base as
I didn't have black gesso on hand.
I wasn't sure I would like the black base
so didn't want to buy more supplies until I tried it out.







I was very happy with the final piece and like working over a black background. 
The black definitely gives dimension and depth to your paint.
These classes are helping me develop my own style. 
Hugs,  Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!