Friday, May 18, 2012

Mixed Media Canvas - Hearts Grow with Love

I think I have found my ultimate passion. 
Mixed media allows me to paint, craft, journal and create in my own style.

Below is my newest art creation,
a mixed media piece on a 12x12 Canvas Board


flowers were hand drawn with my new FAVORITE permaball pilot pen
from the Scarlet Lime mixed media shop,
texture was added with acrylic paint using stencils and bubble wrap on the background

heart shaped flowers, birds and leaves were handcut from scrapbook paper (as the base)
each heart and leaf was covered with acrylic paint
various stencils were used to create pattern and texture over the hearts
the hearts were then outlined with the permaball pilot pen


and some more close-ups of details




Remember to enjoy your family, friends and passions.  Life is too short to dwell on the challenges...
Go enjoy your Friday and your weekend.
Hugs,  Erin

2 comments:

  1. Love your work! So pretty and bold, bright color that I love as well. I do like mixed media for all of the same reasons. It's just so much fun. Thanks for sharing your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Denise. Taking the classes has really opened my creative passions.

      Delete

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!