Monday, February 20, 2012

Be True to Your Heart - February Canvas Create Series, Step 1

The new monthly online video class with Donna Downey arrived on 2/15 and I could hardly wait to watch the video.  You can go to her link to find out more about the Donna Downey February Canvas Create Series.  You can also see her final version of the February canvas.  Her version is meant to inspire us and allow us to use different techniques.  So I'm sure mine won't look like hers but I will utilize her techniques and take what I like from her video teaching. 

This month includes use of modeling paste and other mixed media, both of which are new to me so I am super excited to try this out.

Below are three 8 x 8 gallery wrapped canvas, covered in wet modeling paste with patterned paper, hearts hand-cut by me and then pressed into the wet paste.  I did these last night and the modeling paste needs to dry for 8-12 hours depending on humidity.  So later this week (or maybe tomorrow) I will have more to show you as I work through each step in the process.  I haven't done Mixed Media before so this will definitely be an adventure.   Donna's version is awesome so we will see how mine turns out.


"Be True to your Heart" Series
Hugs,  Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, say hello.....I love to hear from you!!